The pun on the Lawn Fawn I Love You(Calyptus) set took me a second to get. Get it? Eucalyptus! Cause koalas love eucalyptus 😉
Anyway, I love this koala Valentine’s Day card – it is too cute. Enjoy!
- Using the Scallop Window die, cut your window into a pink (or solid-colored) cardstock.
- Place it on top of a piece of rainbow paper, and lightly pencil in where the window will lay on the rainbow paper. From there, you will know where the ‘scene’ will take place.
- In the ‘scene’, place a tree using the birch tree die, and a piece of grass using some green or plaid paper.
- Stamp out the koala bear elements on Copic-friendly paper, which I then colored using some Copics.
- Don’t forget to stamp out the sentiment on the pink/solid-colored piece!
- Die cut the koala elements
- Assemble and glue down the scene
Click the ‘Print’ button below to take the supply list & instructions with you!
- With a white piece of cardstock, I blended some Distress Oxide Inks to create a pastel rainbow ombre background. For this I used Spun Sugar, Tattered Rose, Wild Honey, Cracked Pistachio, and Tumbled Glass (in that order).
- After it had dried, I placed the MFT Sunrise Radiating Rays Stencil on top of the rainbow background, and spread the Nuvo Glimmer Paste across the entire stencil.
- While the Glimmer Paste was drying, I die cut the clouds from the MFT Interactive Swing set.
- To give the clouds a bit of dimension, I brushed some of the Tumbled Glass along the edges of the clouds.
- Then from the MFT Sweet Friends stamp set, I colored the bunny and the girl with some Copics before die cutting them as well.
- I also fussy-cut the hill and stamped it with a sentiment that was also from the Sweet Friends set.
- And lastly, I assembled the card together by first trimming the rainbow background to 4" x 6", and then popping up the clouds and the hill with some foam tape.